Saturday, June 5, 2010

June is Birthday month ...

So in between stockpiling things for the store, I am working on presents for the multitude of birthday parties we have this month.

Here is the Japanese knot bag that I've made for several kids this summer.  The way I made this into a beach bag by making it out of terry cloth fabric from Joann's.

Here is what the pattern looks like after you cut it out and tape it together. And with the outside and inside layered and pinned.




















And here is the final project!  On these, I did it with two colors that it is reversible.  I really like it out of the terry cloth because it can double as another small towel in a pinch!


I'm thinking of adding these to my repertoire for my Etsy store ... we'll see.  

As for those things that are definitely ready for my Etsy store, I've been working on some monsters.  Here are the blanks prior to putting their personalities on :)



I hope to get some of these finished and up on the site on Monday!  Check here on Monday to see how they turned out :)  If you have some ideas for monsters that you'd like to see in plush form, send me an email at brooks(at)mloudesigns.com or leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment