Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful!

I have several friends that are posting things they are thankful for as their Facebook status every day or every couple of days. I didn't want to copy them, but I realize how many things I have to be thankful for! I'm going to kick off the week of Thanksgiving listing some of the things I'm thankful for.

  1. My family - both biological and through marriage.
    • I am extremely thankful for an amazing husband (who I don't appreciate nearly enough) that supports me through all of my trials and joys. I am thankful for an amazing daughter who reminds me that it's okay to giggle every day.
    • While anyone that knows my family knows we're all a bit nuts, I'm thankful that there are people out there that love me for who I am and have for my entire life ... and that we're all still on speaking terms ;)
    • I have had the incredible good fortune to marry into an amazing family and I treasure my relationship with them. It is an amazing thing to have people claim you as family without the "in-law" part.
  2. My health
    • I realize as I get older how precarious life can be and that having good health is a gift not a given.
  3. Opportunities
    • I have had some amazing opportunities in my life. This could be an entire thankful post in and of itself, but I'll try to be brief. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to travel both domestically and internationally. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to go to college and to graduate school. I am thankful for the opportunity to continue stretching my brain and explore new career options such as M'Lou Designs.
  4. And last, but certainly not least or even close to all of the things I have to be thankful for, I am thankful for my friends.
    • I am thankful that I have friends that encourage me to move beyond my worry wart, thinking stage and make me take action. I am thankful that I have friends that I can have honest discussions (and whining sessions) with about life, family and the ups and downs of day to day living.
Thanks for taking a minute to read this post! I hope it may make you take a moment, if you haven't already, and realize all of the things you have to be thankful and grateful for during this season.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment